Made from ottobre design magazine issue 2/2005. Made sizes 92cm and 62cm for dear sons ages 2 and 3months. I used the same jersey to binding the neckline and the stitch in the ditch technique with the satin stitch foot for getting a consistent 1/4" topstitching. They turned out amazing! I do love ottobre magazine. I have also requested a burda magazine to see if this is something that I might like as well although at the current time I really don't need to make myself anything as I still have clothes with the tags on them from prior to getting pregnant.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Saturday, April 10, 2010
I made this using the 3/2009 issue. I used quilter's cotton(green) and a lightweight linen (orange). The only thing I didn't like was the instructions for the armholes which told you to fold over and stretch to make them lay nicely but no matter how many times I did it, it just wouldn't lay nicely. So I decided to just do a rolled hem on the armholes. If I would have had more time I would have made my own binding in the green fabric and added that but due to lack of time (I have a newborn baby and I only had 3 nights to complete it) I just used a rolled hem. Now the linen was very lightweight so I used a tearaway stabilizer for the hem panels (bottom of dress in orange) to serge through the seams without any problems, as well as using the tearaway for the rolled hems of the sleeves and hemline. The pattern is very nice. I just hope that it fits as I was guessing based on my ds1's measurements.