Sunday, October 25, 2009

Review of Snap pliers for plastic snaps


I read alot of mixed reviews of these snap pliers. A lady was selling them on ebay for roughly $40.00 shipped including 450 snaps. So compared to a snap press (which usually is about $120+) I figured I would try them. It took over a month to receive as it came from china but I was just impatient to try them. So when I received them I tried them. I was ticked off as it keep pressing my male connector piece which in turn wouldn't snap into the female piece. No directions were included so after 30 minutes I figured maybe it was the knob on the pliers as it came with another set. I change it and low and behold it worked perfect every time. Once you've figured out what size to use they are really easy to use and don't require a lot of pressure to press them. Plus they don't take up as much room and they were much cheaper then the snap press. A lot less frustrating then applying the metal snaps with a hammer. You tube also has a video on how they work and how to change them.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through a link from Katrina's soaker pattern. Just thought I would metnion that kamsnaps.com sells these along with the press and every color of snap you could think of. They have video and text tutorials on how to use them, and their serice is super fast. I live on the other side of the country from them and the snaps I order always get here in 2-3 days.

    ReplyDelete