Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Simplicity Pattern # 2685 view D (with some changes)

Pictures: (left) finished bag, (middle) pattern used view D (right) lining
This pattern is a great pattern to own. I sewed this up for my mother-in-law for her birthday. The first change I made was to eliminate flap with the button, not because I didn't like it but because the material I used was to heavy to have another two layers. And the second change was to add pockets on the lining of the bag. My hubby picked out the fabric and I sewed it. I tried to convince him not to go with the fabric choice (really heavy) because I didn't think my machine could handle it but he was offended so I tried anyways. It turned out really well except that I used blue tailor's chalk on the lining to mark where I wanted my stitching lines for the pockets, which I couldn't get off. Oh well you live you live! This pattern is a must have for your sewing room because if you need a gift for someone it sews up really quickly and what woman doesn't need another purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment